Welcome to the Enfield Professional Learning NQT program.
We offer support on an individual basis and we through drawing on the expertise across the authority to ensure a comprehensive program throughout your NQT year.
We aim to:
- Provide a valuable contribution to your development during your time as a Newly Qualified Teacher through a rigorous program of guidance, advice and support
- Help develop the confidence, skills and pedagogy to grow as effective practitioners ready to make a difference
- Through attending regular sessions, guarantee that you have a firm foundation on which to build your teaching career aligned to the Teacher’s Standards
- Offer a broad range of sessions run by experienced tutors, increasing your understanding of the range of areas that need to be considered in a primary setting; these include:
- Child Protection and Online Safety
- PSHE and Well Being
- Inclusion and Behaviour Management
- The full curriculum areas
- Facilitate a community in which to learn and share with fellow NQTs across the borough
We look forward to welcoming you to Enfield and wish you a productive and successful start to your teaching career.
Teachers’ Standards in England: https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/teachers%20standards.pdf
Please contact us with any questions.
School Professional Development Advisor
Partnership and Professional Development
Head of Professional Learning
Enfield School and Early Years Improvement Service