Number and Pattern in the Early Years – Secure and Firm Foundations
No schedules currently available
Category Early Years
Target audienceEYFS Lead
Early Years TAs
Early Years Teachers
Type1 session x 1:30 hrs
1 session x 1:30 hrs
To develop our understanding of early developing in understanding pattern and how this can support number sense.
This two session interactive program will include:
- Consideration of the difficulties children may encounter with mathematics and how to address them
- Consolidation of subject knowledge and pedagogical approaches to support the teaching and learning of pattern and number in the early years
- Developing an approach that increased the use of manipulatives to support maths in the early years
- Exploring how to develop reasoning, problem solving and mathematical language
- Immersion in practical activities that can be applied back in the setting
We need to replace the idea that learning ability is fixed with the recognition that we are all on a growth journey
Click to watch the the 10 Minute Teaser with Sara.
Professional Learning Packages:
Schools have the option to buy a professional learning (PL) package for Early Years. Once purchased, the PL Booker for each school can book two people onto all courses within Early Years. Additional places will be charged at the cost displayed on the course page.
To purchase the package:
- Log into the hub https://traded.enfield.gov.uk/thehub
- Scroll down to the Schools Traded Services Store
- Click ''Enfield Education'
- Select the package of professional learning you which to purchase
- If you are purchasing for more than one school, select the school you are purchasing for
Packages can be purchased for non-Enfield schools, please select the OutOfBorough option.