Category Teaching Assistants & Support Staff
Target audienceTeaching Assistant
Online platformPanopto (TT Education)
Type1 session x 1:30 hrs
This course tackles the sensitive issue of challenging conversations head-on. This insightful course provides practical ideas on how to engage with parents and stakeholders, including:
• How to approach the conversation if the parent is unhappy
• What to do if the parent is illiterate, has poor English or, for any other reason, is not understanding the message you are giving
• How to approach a disengaged parent
- How to approach a challenging conversation
This course is specifically for Teaching Assistants, and any member of school support staff, exploring great ways to hold successful challenging conversations. The objectives of this course include:
• To understand how to communicate effectively, to ensure that there is clarity of expectation, intention and shared vision
• To understand communicating behaviours and how to create the right climate for effective two-way communication
• To learn how to embrace challenging conversations and manage conflict successfully.
Our philosophy of innovation is to use our path to success; grounded in the latest educational research and first-hand experience of current teaching of real children in the primary classroom, we aim to develop educators through the highest quality professional learning. David Maytham, CEO TT Education
1 Bookings available
Session: 30 November 2021 - >
Professional Learning Packages:
Schools have the option to buy a professional learning (PL) package for Teaching Assistants & Support Staff. Once purchased, the PL Booker for each school can book two people onto all courses within Teaching Assistants & Support Staff. Additional places will be charged at the cost displayed on the course page.
To purchase the package:
- Log into the hub https://traded.enfield.gov.uk/thehub
- Scroll down to the Schools Traded Services Store
- Click ''Enfield Education'
- Select the package of professional learning you which to purchase
- If you are purchasing for more than one school, select the school you are purchasing for
Packages can be purchased for non-Enfield schools, please select the OutOfBorough option..