Minute Taking for Support Staff
Category Teaching Assistants & Support Staff
Online platformMicrosoft Teams
Type1 session x 2 hrs
1 session x 2 hrs
1 session x 2 hrs
• Understanding the meeting
• Working with the chair
• Writing and using the agenda
• Best practice in taking notes and minutes
• Developing the right tone and using professional language
• Overcoming the 20/104 e passive voice and avoiding common mistakes
This course will provide you with essential skills for each stage of the process: understanding the meeting, working with the Chair, preparing the agenda, developing listening techniques, recording the meeting, distilling key points and structuring and writing up the minutes.
This course consists of three half day sessions:
4 October 2021, 5 October 2021, 6 October 2021 - 10am - 12pm
The course is for all administrative staff in Primary, Special and Secondary Schools. Other staff based in schools who may be interested in progressing to train and qualify as clerks to support governor meetings.
“Taking minutes can be a daunting task, so the focus of the Minute Taking course is on building your skills and confidence. How do you record information quickly? What should you leave out? Can you interrupt for clarification? The answers to these and other common questions will help you to prepare minutes that are clear, accurate and professional.”
1 Bookings available
Session 1: 04 October 2021 - >
Session 2: 05 October 2021 - >
Session 3: 06 October 2021 - >
Professional Learning Packages:
Schools have the option to buy a professional learning (PL) package for Teaching Assistants & Support Staff. Once purchased, the PL Booker for each school can book two people onto all courses within Teaching Assistants & Support Staff. Additional places will be charged at the cost displayed on the course page.
To purchase the package:
- Log into the hub https://traded.enfield.gov.uk/thehub
- Scroll down to the Schools Traded Services Store
- Click ''Enfield Education'
- Select the package of professional learning you which to purchase
- If you are purchasing for more than one school, select the school you are purchasing for
Packages can be purchased for non-Enfield schools, please select the OutOfBorough option..