Sustained Shared Thinking
Category Early Years
Target audienceEYFS Lead
Type1 session x 1:30 hrs
Central to effective Early Childhood Education is the skilful adult. The ability to interact sensitively and appropriately, supporting and extending learning is a complex process built on a deep understanding of how young children learn and our knowledge of each unique child.
In this session we will explore the concept of Sustained Shared Thinking, the evidence supporting its use and unpick how we as practitioners can use it as a core element of our practice to improve the quality of our interactions and outcomes for all our children.
This session will include:
- A clear understanding of what Sustained Shared Thinking is
- Practical examples of how to improve the quality of our interactions
- Explore how it supports young children’s thinking and learning.
The child is endowed with unknown powers, which can guide us to a radiant future. If what we really want is a new world, then education must take as its aim the development of these hidden possibilities
Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind
Click to watch the 10 Minute Teaser with Phil Armstrong, recorded on 9.6.21
1 Bookings available
Session: 19 May 2022 - >
Professional Learning Packages:
Schools have the option to buy a professional learning (PL) package for Early Years. Once purchased, the PL Booker for each school can book two people onto all courses within Early Years. Additional places will be charged at the cost displayed on the course page.
To purchase the package:
- Log into the hub https://traded.enfield.gov.uk/thehub
- Scroll down to the Schools Traded Services Store
- Click ''Enfield Education'
- Select the package of professional learning you which to purchase
- If you are purchasing for more than one school, select the school you are purchasing for
Packages can be purchased for non-Enfield schools, please select the OutOfBorough option..