Designated Safeguarding Lead Training - Special Schools
No schedules currently available
3 spaces left
Statutory requirement for education professionals meeting ‘robust 2-yearly training’ for those with a lead or designated professional role for safeguarding in special schools.
Having completed basic safeguarding training, this course equips professionals to perform their senior safeguarding function in special schools.
Course content includes:
- Latest legislation and procedures – reflecting the Education Acts and ‘Keeping children safe in education’ (September 2021)
- Policy development
- Awareness of multi-agency working
- Information sharing
- The referral processes
- Thresholds or risk analysis within the context of children and young people
- Management of safeguarding with staff and within schools – including the response to sexual violence and sexual harassment
- Challenging topics are also explored from a management level
Education Child Protection is a specialist child protection and safeguarding training company working with organisations across all sectors who come into contact with children, young people, families and adults at risk. We provide some of the best Child Protection, Adults at Risk and Online Safety training within the UK, and we pride ourselves on delivering services of the highest standard that has a positive impact on those who receive it
Click to watch the 10 Minute Teaser with Nicole, recorded on 7.5.21