An Introduction to the Deaf Pupil in your Class - 2023
No schedules currently available
Category SEND & Inclusion
Online platformMicrosoft Teams
Type1 session x 2:30 hrs
- To develop the skills of staff working to support and teach learners with hearing loss
- To enable those working in the field to share practice
- To develop a general understanding of deafness by exploring types of hearing loss, degrees of deafness and how deafness might impact learning
- To learn strategies to support learning in the classroom
You only need to attend one of the two available sessions
This course is an introduction to working with deaf learners in the classroom. Staff from the Haringey and Enfield Sensory Support Team will give an overview of deafness, as well as the kind of provision available to enable access and improve learning in the classroom. This will be linked to the different difficulties learners might experience in relation to acquiring literacy and numeracy skills.
Professional Learning Packages:
Schools have the option to buy a professional learning (PL) package for SEND & Inclusion. Once purchased, the PL Booker for each school can book two people onto all courses within SEND & Inclusion. Additional places will be charged at the cost displayed on the course page.
To purchase the package:
- Log into the hub https://traded.enfield.gov.uk/thehub
- Scroll down to the Schools Traded Services Store
- Click ''Enfield Education'
- Select the package of professional learning you which to purchase
- If you are purchasing for more than one school, select the school you are purchasing for
Packages can be purchased for non-Enfield schools, please select the OutOfBorough option.