Disrupting Exploitation Programme - SEND Curriculum Workshop
No schedules currently available
The Children’s Society’s Disrupting Exploitation programme have developed a curriculum on county lines exploitation for children with special educational needs. Alongside West Lea school, the Disrupting Exploitation Programme and The Children’s Society is offering an introductory workshop on the SEND curriculum for all secondary and special schools in Enfield.
This workshop for teachers and school staff will cover:
* Overview of SEND curriculum resources
* Overview of key themes covered in the curriculum, such as signs of grooming and exploitation
* Risks associated with exploitation
* Where to go for support
In addition, West Lea School will provide a specific training session on how to teach the curriculum to children with SEND and the best way to deliver the lessons.
For the school – the exploitation awareness toolkit provides training to up skill school staff through short training videos on exploitation, unconscious bias and trauma informed practice. It also provides lesson plans and resources for delivering sessions on exploitation to pupils. This is available at https://tinyurl.com/ExploitationAwarenessToolkit.
For further information please contact Freddie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Learning Packages:
Schools have the option to buy a professional learning (PL) package for SEND & Inclusion. Once purchased, the PL Booker for each school can book two people onto all courses within SEND & Inclusion. Additional places will be charged at the cost displayed on the course page.
To purchase the package:
- Log into the hub https://traded.enfield.gov.uk/thehub
- Scroll down to the Schools Traded Services Store
- Click ''Enfield Education'
- Select the package of professional learning you which to purchase
- If you are purchasing for more than one school, select the school you are purchasing for
Packages can be purchased for non-Enfield schools, please select the OutOfBorough option.