As part of our commitment and being part of a multi-cultural borough, we are conscious that not all families have English as a first language.
Enfield Council, together with other local authorities and NHS trusts are in a shared services partnership to bring you The Language Shop. The Language Shop is run as a non-profit organisation with all monies being reinvested into the scheme.
The Language Shop was created to address universal public sector concerns regarding the delivery and use of translation and interpreting services including:
- Use of unqualified linguistics with a high degree of variation in terms of skills and performance
- Use of linguists that were unvetted for security or right to work which can present a risk to the commissioning organisation
- Over-charging: Double-charging and fraudulent timekeeping were common
- Fragmented provisions that were disjointed with poor management information
- Fully qualified and vetted translators and interpreters
- A consistent output of translated service
- Price-checked against many competitors
- All monies are reinvested back into the organisation
Service can be booked up to 48hrs in advance, but can sometimes be arranged at shorter notice. To book, please click here