Enfield Sexualised Behaviours Risk Assessment Tool & Brook Sexual Behaviours Traffic Light Tool Training for Schools
FAO: All Schools & Academies - All Phases, Headteachers, DSL’s
The Virtual School have commissioned the training and use of Brooks Sexualised Behaviours Traffic Light Tool for all Enfield schools to support schools identification and response to the range of behaviours which professionals may encounter within their setting.
Please note that the use of the tool does not replace existing safeguarding procedures.
On completion of the training you will:
▪ Recognise and identify sexualised behaviours and differentiate between those which are part of healthy sexual development and those which are problematic or harmful.
▪ Reflect on your own values and understand how they can impact on decision making.
▪ Demonstrate a common language around developmental and harmful sexual behaviours.
▪ Understand what a behaviour may be communicating and why the child or young person may be exhibiting the behaviour.
▪ Appropriately respond to sexualised behaviours, considering possible motivations, communications and severity
▪ Have access to the tool and a range of Brook online training materials.
The Virtual School have provided all schools with a Sexualised Behaviours Risk Assessment (see attached) which refers to the Brooks Traffic Light Tool.
Only members of staff who have attended the training are authorised to use the Brooks Traffic Light Tool.
• Tuesday 17th January 2023 1:15pm – 4:30pm
• Monday 23rd January 2023 1:15pm – 4:30pm
Audience: Designated Safeguarding Leads (only 1 delegate per school)
Venue: Forty Hall, Forty Hill, Enfield, London, EN2 9HA
Cost: Free. Teas/Coffee will be provided
You only need to book onto and attend ONE session, please self-register via the Professional Learning Hub or via link below -
Virtual School Assistant Head for Vulnerable Children