London Music Fund Scholarship applications are open
We have extended the deadline for primary schools to nominate pupils for the 2022 London Music Fund scholarships to Monday 23rd May 2022.
These scholarships are for children who are already learning an instrument and demonstrate significant musical potential and commitment, but whose family are not in a position to pay for them to continue their studies.
The scholarship is a 4-year programme of funding and wider support including:
- Weekly instrumental tuition
- Membership of a borough ensemble
- Regular performance opportunities
- Invitations to attend special projects and go on trips to professional concerts
- Loan of a well-maintained instrument which can be taken home
- A Music Hub Mentor who is the liaison between the Scholar and family, music tutor and school.
In order for a child to be put forward they must
- Currently be in year 4 or 5 (so going into year 5 or 6 in September 2022)
- Attend a junior school in London where there are no school fees
- Have been learning a musical instrument for a minimum of one year
You can download the full criteria and nomination form from this page.
We are able to put forward up to 3 nominations for the borough, and priority will be given to pupils where there is strong family support but clear need for financial help (though pupils do not need to be in receipt of FSM to be considered).
Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd May at the latest.